Saturday, November 19, 2005

synthese or not synthese?


During this week-end, the Socialist Party holds its congress in Le Mans. I am writing this post from there. Actually I am in the MJS space inside the congress.
After the votes of the members of PS (53% for Hollande, 24% for NPS and 21% for Fabius), the main debate is to know if we will have the so-called "Synthese". Everybody calls for it BUT the reality is more complicated. I think it will be very difficult. Also because there are some political differences that are not clarified yet. Four main issues: Is the Socialist Party in favour of the VIe Republic (a new constitution for a more democratic system)? Is the Socialist Party ready to push for a European Social Treaty? Is the Socialist Party ready to propose concrete measures in order to reequilibrate the ratio capital/labour? Is the Socialist Party ready to put in place a real renovation?

From the international point of view, we will have a speech of Romano Prodi this afternoon. I think that he will suggest to the French socialist to put in place a system of Primary in order to choose our candidate for the presidential elections. Rasmussen, the leader of PES will be there tomorrow morning. Last but not least ;-) Giacomo Filibek, president of ECOSY was there yesterday. By the way, ask him what he thinks of Laurent Fabius... re-;-)

A lot of international delegates are here, and I had very good discussions with the comrades of Israel and Palestine, including the representatives of the Israeli-Arabs of Balad. Also with the Czeck and Polish Comrades. I also discovered yesterday night the political system of Sao Tome and Principe. You can ask me if you want, it's very interesting. :)

1 comment:

Álvaro said...

What's the political system of Santo Tomé e Principe??